At the peak of construction, the integrated wind farm and battery storage facility will create up to 230 new jobs in the Stawell region. Targeted for delivery in August 2019, the A$350 million BGPH will generate over 740,000 MWh of emission-free, clean, competitive renewable energy per annum upon completion.
Neoen Australia managing director Franck Woitiez said the continued progress of the 100 per cent Neoen-owned project would not have been possible without the support of the Victorian government and the wider community.
“We are delighted to commence construction on BGPH which is bringing a lot of opportunities in the Community. A lot of hard work has gone into ensuring the success of the facility, which will create a positive knock-on effect on the local people and economy,” Mr Woitiez said.
“We will continue to work closely with the council, neighbours and community at large and ensure any disruptions as a result of construction are kept to the absolute minimum.”
The Victorian government has committed to a 15-year Support Agreement, a move that will contribute significantly to the Victorian Renewable Energy Target (VRET), while Nectar Farms has signed a 10-year power purchase agreement (PPA) for the supply of competitive and reliable energy to its glasshouse facility. Nectar Farms will take up to 15 per cent of the energy produced by the Green Power Hub, with the remaining 85 per cent going directly into the grid.
As part of the company’s commitment to Stawell and to signify the next phase of the project, a $120,000 per annum BGPH Community Fund will be launched soon. The fund provides financial support to community groups for projects that will benefit and strengthen Northern Grampians and the surrounding region and will be open for 25 years. Projects that align with one of Neoen’s community growth focus areas will be able to apply for funding.
For any questions or concerns or to learn more about the community fund, visit the official BGPH website, or contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting this form you agree to pv magazine using your data for the purposes of publishing your comment.
Your personal data will only be disclosed or otherwise transmitted to third parties for the purposes of spam filtering or if this is necessary for technical maintenance of the website. Any other transfer to third parties will not take place unless this is justified on the basis of applicable data protection regulations or if pv magazine is legally obliged to do so.
You may revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future, in which case your personal data will be deleted immediately. Otherwise, your data will be deleted if pv magazine has processed your request or the purpose of data storage is fulfilled.
Further information on data privacy can be found in our Data Protection Policy.