This Friday State governments meet at COAG to decide the fate of the Federal government’s National Energy Guarantee (NEG).
SEIA members & solar installers believe everyone should oppose the NEG because:
- The NEG does nothing to believably reduce electricity costs for consumers.
- The NEG does nothing to reduce CO2 emissions from 2021 to 2030.
- The NEG props up coal fired power emissions for another decade.
- The NEG has a pathetic emissions reduction target that will not help Australia meet its Paris commitments at lowest cost.
- The NEG has no mechanism to easily increase the target at any time.
- The NEG takes a free ride on rooftop solar exports.
Why lock in a decade of flawed policy when we all know Australians deserve better?
More solar = lower prices
We encourage all solar industry members to URGENTLY make their views public about the NEG :
- Post on social media.
- Inform your customers
- Contact your local State & Federal MP.
- Contact your local newspaper or radio station.
- If you a member of an industry association, make your views known to them.
SEIA – standing up for solar installers.